Away From Home/ਘਰੋਂ ਦੂ..ਰ

30 September 2012

A living poem from a 4 year old boy "Ajay"

Yesterday, my friend, Ganesh and I shared the train ride. Somehow the chit chat turned to how small kids surprise with their emotional intelligence!


Ganesh shared something his 4 year old son, Ajay, said over the dining table...

Except a couple of words, I have tried not to add any of my personal thoughts in here and have kept it simple to share Ajay's quote:


Oh dad
I will never
let you be the grandpa

You will never miss me
like my grandpa misses you
from across the oceans

I will never miss you
like you miss my grandpa
with heartful of emotions

Oh dad
I will never
let you be the grandpa


ਪਾਪਾ
ਮੈ ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ
ਕਦੀ ਦਾਦੂ ਨਹੀ ਬਣਨ ਦੇਣਾ

ਫਿਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਵੋਗੇ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਉਦਾਸ
ਮੈਨੂੰ ਮਿਲਣ ਲਈ
ਪਿੰਡ ਬੈਠੇ ਦਾਦੂ ਵਾਂਗੂੰ

ਨਾਂ ਹੀ ਮੈ ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ ਮਿੱਸ ਕਰਾਂਗਾ
ਤੁਸੀਂ ਕਰਦੇ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਹੋ
ਜਿਂਵੇ ਦਾਦੂ ਨੂੰ

ਪਾਪਾ

ਮੈ ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ
ਕਦੀ ਦਾਦੂ ਨਹੀ ਬਣਨ ਦੇਣਾ


Thanks Ganesh!
God Bless the Jewel of your family :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous ਡਾ ਪ੍ਰਵੀਨ ਚੋਪੜਾ said...

ਤੁਹਾਡੀ ਇਹ ਪੋਸਟ ਬਹੁਤ ਚੰਗੀ ਲੱਗੀ। ਬੱਚਾ ਕਿੰਨੀ ਵੱਡੀ ਗੱਲ ਕਹਿ ਗਿਆ !!

July 6, 2019 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Gurinder said...

ਬਹੁਤ ਸਤਿਕਾਰ ਡਾ ਚੋਪੜਾ ਜੀ

January 29, 2021 at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home